Every student has their own list of highlights, but some that we hear over and over again when we ask students about their favorite parts of training include:
- Our "Sick/Not Sick" drill early on in Shoreline where students hone their ability to make quick decisions with limited information.
- Our Code Drill series, with it's MegaCode final on Bainbridge Island where students lead crews through a prolonged cardiac arrest scenario, including (hopefully) saving the patient, transporting and delivering him/her to the "emergency room", and presenting that patient to a waiting "staff" of physicians and fellow students.
- Our Pediatrics drill in Redmond where students get invaluble reps taking care of the smallest of patients.
- Our Trauma Rodeo series, with it's capstone day in Bellevue where students lead fire crews in the care and transport of terrifically moulaged actors in various high-fidelity trauma scenarios.
- The daily, nearly unlimited access to the Seattle Fire Department and to Harborview Medical Center that provides for countless interactions with patients and professionals alike, laying the foundation of experience for a long and satisfying career in Paramedicine.